E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My screen locked on a book cover and even after tapping

Customer Question
My screen locked on...

My screen locked on a book cover and even after tapping lower right side, nothing happens

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Yesterday. problem started this morning

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

OK. I haven't tried Factory Reset.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I have very sensitive wi-fi connection that only works with my iPhone hot spot

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 7 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Please try those steps and let me know what happens.