E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Unable to establish connection

Customer Question
unable to establish connection
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today.

Can you please tell me a little more about your question. Unfortunately the only info we received for your question was "unable to establish connection", so I do not know what type of device this relates to.

Thanks,

Joe

I have a Kindle Fire HS 8.6 or maybe 8.9 anyway. I can bring up the kindle and view photos I have taken but cannot email them. Icannot view current emails. I get a message "unable to establish connection"

Can you preform other takes related to internet use on it?

Your question was can I complete other email transactions, right. No I cannot view current emails or send emails

Sorry, what I meant is for example can you go onto amazon and search for things on the kindle or does it result in a connection error?

Anything other than email that utilizes internet.

I don't shop on my kindle often, but I just tried to do a shop on amazon and the screen asks for like books after selecting it no bad message. So I did with a sorry message unable to preform request.
May I ask why you cannot call me. Tks

If you search for books and it brings back a list with the search and not an error about connect issues that is more of what I was getting at.

Have you used this kindle previously to view and send emails?

Is that your only email account on the kindle or do you have more than one email account on it and only one is the issue?

When i selected Books. Message came back unable to perform the action you requested. Yes many times I have used this kindle for yrs to view emails, but not send--use computer for this. But I have sent photos many times. I think I only have one email.

Have you tried resetting it yet?

I just need to know which exact model you have and I can guide you through that process.

where can I find the location to tell you exactly the model I have? Then pls tell me how to reset it. Tks
am not a computer expert but will try to identify. hang on
I am afraid I will loose communications with you if I loose this screen
if so how do we reconnect

Are you using your kindle to talk to me on here?

no i am using my computer to respond to you.
I will respond by my cell

You can just preform this: You can find this sixteen digit code in the box your Kindle came in or when you click on Settings and go to Device Info. Find your specific generation or type based on the first four characters.