E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My paperwhite needed to be redcharged. Once I did that, I'm…

Customer Question
My paperwhite needed to...

My paperwhite needed to be redcharged. Once I did that, I'm no longer connected to our wireless and it will not reconnect, no matter how many times I try. I turned it off and left it for 24 hours and try to reconnect, but no luck. The paperwhite is less than a year old.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

Yes. I reentered it as other and put in the password, but no luck

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes--no problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

What else would you want to know?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.
I already did this several times
I'm not paying $20 to talk. I'll chat online
Try these steps please>
On your Kindle>- Select Wi-Fi from the menu.
- Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
- A list of networks will appear. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle
- detects networks in range. If your network doesn't appear tap the tick box next to
- Wireless Networking off and on to refresh the list.
- Tap the name of your home wifi network. On the screen prompting you to enter a password, select Forget
- Then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Then restart the Kindle.- Then try connecting to Wi-Fi
- Select Wi-Fi.
- Your home network should appear in the list.
- Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network .
- Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
- If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
- Then Tap Connect.
- Let me know what happens please.