E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle's battery will not re-charge, can it be fixed? It…

Customer Question
My kindle's battery will...

My kindle's battery will not re-charge, can it be fixed?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

It started this weekend, I left it plugged in, I tried turning it off completely

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No that's it.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 60 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and charge it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

it didn't do anything.....I have a picture of the battery on screen
It didn’t do anything

Thanks

It does mean then the battery has faulted and this can be replaced quite easily.

Can you tell me the model of the Kindle you have please?

the smallest one.....a paperwhite

Thank you

you can purchase the battery replacement from my link below

https://www.newpower99.com/Amazon_Kindle_Paperwhite_Battery_Replacement_Kit_p/amazon%20kindle%20paperwhite.htm

It will be provided with the tools and a step by step instructional video to replace the batter.

Once done, it will then work like new again.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you