E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle says there is no WIFI connection. It is requiring a…

Customer Question
Kindle says there is...

Kindle says there is no WIFI connection. It is requiring a parental code, my husband has passed away and i do not know this information. Please advise. Thanks,Debbie

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

No

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Sorry, I was mistaken, the computer also gives a message that there is no WIFI connection.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Which Kindle model do you have?

kindle fire

Please do the following to reset the password.

1. Enter an incorrect password ***** times.
  2. Tap the orange link that says Reset Your Parental Controls Password. If you don't see this link on your screen, you may need to scroll down in the message window.
  3. Enter your Amazon account password (this is the password ***** used to register your device, and to sign in to Amazon).
  4. Enter your new Parental Controls password.

Let me know the outcome. If it resolves your issue please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top. If not reply back to me.