E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have not used my kindle for a time and now when I tried to…

Customer Question
I have not used...

I have not used my kindle for a long time and now when I tried to recharge the battery, it won't charge.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Do you think it needs a new battery? And if so where do I get one?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Thanks for contacting JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Please try to force start your Kindle by doing the following:

1. If you have it connected to the charger currently remove for 30 seconds.

2. If you also have a case on the device please remove it.

3. Connect your Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes.

4. Leave on the charger press and hold the power button/switch for up to 1 minute or until the screen flickers which ever is shorter.

5. Then allow about 1-2 minutes for the software to load up.

Please let me know the outcome and further troubleshooting is needed. If the solution works please take a moment to rate my service and submit at the top so that I am craedited for assisting you.

As I said I haven't use th devise for a long time. Which is the power botton?

Which Kindle model do you have?

Usually the Kindle has 3 buttons. One is the power button and the other 2 are the volume up and down.

How did you make out?

I could not get it working

You could possibly have a defective battery. If the force start did not work it would need replacement.

Contact Kindle Support at(###) ###-#### For a trade-in fee, they will ship a replacement out to you. When you receive it, register it to your Kindle account and you will have immediate access to your books in your archives.

Your other options in the mean time are to read your books on other devices using free applications for iPad, iPhone, iTouch, Blackberry, PC, or Mac. If you wish help in doing this let me know. If you have any other questions, please ask.

Please take a moment to rate my service so I am credited for assisting you. Reply back to me with any further questions you have.