E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle paperwhite won't accept my Wi-Fi password so I…

Customer Question
My kindle paperwhite won't...

My kindle paperwhite won't accept my Wi-Fi password ***** I can't register it. I am an Amazon Prime customer

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Since I got it a few days ago. So far I have unplugged my Wi-Fi then rebooted it. No go. Then I tried the default password ***** the Comcast modem/wi-fi

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 4 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason

It is an Arris model #TG1682G

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:
- Click the following link: http://10.0.0.1
Username: admin
Password: password

----Note: If the password *****'t work from above, look on the modem. The password ***** be listed there.
- Click the Wireless settings link

Your network name and password ***** listed on that page.

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

Did that help?

No go yet but I will try again later. I have to go out.

Okay, thank you. Please, do not forget to come back and update me on the status of the problem when you have a chance. Thank you so much :)

Jason Jones, Technician