E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I need to change my credit card number in my account to buy…

Customer Question
I need to change...

I need to change my credit card number in my account to buy a book. How do I do this? My old card has been compromised.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Amazon Kindle that is over 10 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

My desk top computer was compromised also. I changed cards at the bank so I am changing my credit card number so I can charge books on my amazon kindle. It is the credit card on file. i have not changed it for over 10 years when I set it up and do not remember how to do it.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/3/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 8 months ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Welcome to justanswer.

Please follow the steps to change the card info:

Go to amazon.com
Log in using the email id and password.
Once you have logged in , Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
From Settings, select Edit Payment Method below Kindle Payment Settings.
Select the desired credit card information, or add a new card, and then click Continue.
Enter the desired billing address, and then click Continue. You will be taken back to the Kindle Payment Settings page where you can view your edited 1-Click payment method.

Hope it helps.PLEASE LEAVE A POSITIVE RATING.(WITH THE HELP OF STARS)
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

I sent email right after my request because I had figured it out and changed it then. I requested a refund since I did not use your help and did it myself. The answer you gave was the way I had done it. Please r fund my money since I did not use your help.