E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When Windows 10 updated my computer, something happened to…

Customer Question
When Windows 10 updated...

When Windows 10 updated my computer, something happened to my Kobo account. I clicked on the icon and received a message...C:\Program Files (x86)\Kobo\Qt5Gui.dll contains an error. Error status 0xc0000020. May need to be re-installed.

Technician's Assistant: What Kobo model do you have?

Kobo glo

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Glo? What have you tried so far?

It started right after the Windows 10 update about a week ago. I shut down the computer then re-started it thinking it was just a little glitch but it is still the same. I do not know much about computers. My son always does things for me but he is working 17 hrs. a day 7 days a week and also lives in Ontario ..I am in Alberta. He does not have enough time for my problems.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Am out of books to read on it and have about 7 new ones not downloaded as yet.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 8 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.