E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My 3rd generation kindle has not been used in half a year…

Customer Question
My 3rd generation kindle...

My 3rd generation kindle has not been used in half a year and will not accept a charge. Should I give up and buy a new battery?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

So far I have plugged the Kindle into a wall socket using the USB that came with the device. The Kindle has been plugged in overnight and also for a few hours but the screen continues to read "Empty Battery"

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Sliding the power button does not help and no light shows on the device even when plugged in.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 day by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
rahul.pattnayak
rahul.pattnayak, Customer Service

Thanks for using justanswer.

please do the following steps,

1) Remove your Kindle from the charger if connected.

2) Press and hold (or slide and hold)the power button to the right and hold it there for 30 seconds.After the first 6 to 8 seconds, the screen will go blank, which is normal. Continue holding the Power button.
If you only hold the Power button to the right for only 5 to 10 seconds you'll just turn the unit OFF. So,you have to hold the power button to the right for at least 30 seconds.
After the 30 seconds, release the Power button.The charge indicator light will turn on after a few seconds.
It will reboot and it will work again. Please reply if it helps or not.

Hope it helps. Please leave a positive rating before leaving with the help of stars.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem.

Why am I am being charged $27 to one credit card by Just answer and another $9.09 by Amazon to another credit card for the very same inquiry? Your suggestion is useless. I do not wish to use your service any further. A complete rip off!!!!!