E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I cannot get it to connect to my wifi. Just computer

Customer Question
I cannot get it...

I cannot get it to connect to my wifi

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Just computer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If your computer is working fine with WiFi, but another device won't connect, then be sure WiFi is enabled on that device, first. (And if a Samsung or Android OS smartphone or tablet, make sure that fast internet or cellular internet access is disabled, as well as WiFi enabled, it can help for certain reasons.)

If it is your computer that won't work with WiFi, make sure the computer's WiFi is enabled, that the computer's WiFi is not in 'Airplane Mode' (in which, an airplane icon should show to indicate that.)

And also, be sure that the password ***** the WiFi is entered with regard for UPPER CASE letters being entered as such, and lower-case letters being entered as such also... without this difference being observed, the WiFi password *****'t work.

- If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated! Thanks.

(If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.)