Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My Kindle ereader refuses to switch on. Half its screen

Customer Question

My Kindle White ereader refuses to switch on. Half its screen seems now to consist of a pattern of dashes. I have tried rebooting, but it is frozen. Is it Kaput?
JA: When did you last charge your Kindle?
Customer: I charge it regularly and do not allow it to discharge. It is currently charged and on the charger.
JA: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?
Customer: Yes. No reaction.
JA: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.

Did that work for you?