E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle ereader refuses to switch on. Half its screen

Customer Question
My Kindle White ereader...

My Kindle White ereader refuses to switch on. Half its screen seems now to consist of a pattern of dashes. I have tried rebooting, but it is frozen. Is it Kaput?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

I charge it regularly and do not allow it to discharge. It is currently charged and on the charger.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes. No reaction.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 2 days by:
12/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

My name is Randy,

I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you.

This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own.

Did that work for you?