E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can’t charge the battery .Something wrong with cabel or.

Customer Question
I can’t charge the...

I can’t charge the battery .Something wrong with cabel or

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindl color screen I bought in NY 7 year ago . It is old dev.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I don’t use more . It is 3 year , I can’t fix it in Israel

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife after couple ‘. will be in Geneva , it is hotel in the center Geneva “ Kempinski”

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

There are not signs of life on my screen . The screen dark. I can’t charge device.

Yes but you still must hold the button down even if it looks like the unit is dead

How has this panned out please?