E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I can’t charge the battery .Something wrong with cabel or.

Customer Question
I can’t charge the...

I can’t charge the battery .Something wrong with cabel or

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindl color screen I bought in NY 7 year ago . It is old dev.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I don’t use more . It is 3 year , I can’t fix it in Israel

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My wife after couple ‘. will be in Geneva , it is hotel in the center Geneva “ Kempinski”

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 4 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

There are not signs of life on my screen . The screen dark. I can’t charge device.

Yes but you still must hold the button down even if it looks like the unit is dead

How has this panned out please?

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician