E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My list of books on my Kindle have disappeared to the Cloud.

Customer Question
My list of books...

My list of books on my Kindle have disappeared to the Cloud. Now I can't tell which books I have read!

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Just since yesterday when I recharged my Kindle. I tried rebooting it twice. The books show up in CLoud, but they are not marked to show which ones I HAVE read. I have 2338 books. Could that be why they went to the Cloud?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

My books are listed also on Amazon website but they do not indicate which ones I have read. Is there a way to find out?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 3 days by:
12/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

I still need help.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

I already tried rebooting several times before I contacted you.

All of your books are always stored on the cloud. If you had no storage on your Kindle then it would remove them from your local Kindle and only show the option through the Cloud.

I have over 2000 books. Now I can't tell which books I have read- they are no longer marked as such.

Yes, if they are stored in the cloud then you won't be able to