E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My numbers. For the first time my lighted kindle is asking…

Customer Question
For the first time...

For the first time my lighted kindle is asking for passwords but the number board will not receive theml

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 4 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Initially, have you considered / tried performing a software update of the Kindle? ...manually with the use of a computer?

(if have not been done) Please click HERE.

Scroll down to "Transfer & Install the Latest Software Update Manually". Play the video tutorial.
Scroll a bit further down. Select your Kindle's model/version and then click on the "...Kindle...Software Updates..." for your model/version.
A new page would open with instructions on how to manually download and install the latest software update available for your Kindle.
Thereafter, it may require several re-booting/restarting.

Louie, Technician