E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The screen is black and it wont start. It is full charged.

Customer Question
The screen is black...

The screen is black and it wont start.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

It is full charged.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Will try that now.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No just that it won't start.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 7 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
Whilst this may be a hardware issue I am hopeful you have success doing this>>>
Please reset the kindle by holding down (or slide to the right on early kindles) the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.
Let me know if you need more help OR if this does not work for you.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page thank you) 3 to 5 stars and the site will release a payment to me thank you.
Regards
Anthony

We have tried to reset it holding the on/off button three time and nothing.
What else can we try?

How old is the kindle please?

Bought it in 2014.

Is there any sign of life from the kindle?any light charging or otherwise lit

No, not yet. We help the volume and on/off together and that did't work either.

If not this would indicate a battery or hardware issue in most cases it is not worth pursuing a repair in that case you would be better off replacing it I am afraid

Ok, it was worth a try.

Its really due to the costs of these units now repair v replace

Sorry for the news

Regards
Anthony