E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Just got a fire tablet from amazon and want to register it…

Customer Question
Just got a fire...

Just got a fire tablet from amazon and want to register it but it keeps saying my gmail and password ***** match whats on amazons files?

Technician's Assistant: How's your internet connection? Are you checking Gmail from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?

Internet connection a ok..im real new to all this stuff so internet lingo goes i one ear and out the other

Technician's Assistant: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?

Not 2 my knowledge

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

No its a simple thing 2 fix im sure its just late here in calif & im tired which just compounds things...maybe best 2 wait untill tomorrow & tackle it anew

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 4 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 4 months ago

It sounds like you are unable to login to the gmail account, You can try to find the reset link given below: https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery

To reset your forgotten Gmail password ***** recover access to your account:

1. Make sure you either:

• have a secondary email address specified for your Gmail account or

• have not logged into your Gmail account for 5 days.

2. Click Forgot password? on Gmail's log-in page.

3. If prompted, type your full Gmail email address over Enter your email on the Account support page.

4. Click Next.

Gmail will now ask a number of questions to try to establish you as the owner of the account. For each question:

1. Enter your answer as well as you can and click Next or

2. Click Try a different question if you cannot answer or do not have access to the resource – a secondary email address, say, or a phone number.

The questions Gmail asks may include the following, not necessarily in this order:

• A previous password:

• If you have changed your Gmail password ***** only remember the (or any) older one, you can enter it.

• Verification using a code (with 2-step authentication enabled for the Gmail account):

• Depending on the verification methods set up for 2-step authentication, you can get a code from:

1. an SMS text message received from Google

2. an app (e.g. Google Authenticator)

3. printed back-up codes.

• Enter the phone number used for verification if prompted.

• A phone number set up for account recovery in Gmail:

• You will receive an SMS text message from Google that contains a verification code.​

• A secondary email address for Gmail account recovery:

• Follow the link in a message from Google sent to the email address to reset the password ***** the Google Account.

• You may also be able to enter any current email address to receive a verification code.

• A security question for Gmail password *****:

• Type the answer to your recovery question following the question under Answer the security question you added to your account.

• When you set up the account:

• Enter the month and year when you created the Gmail (or Google) account.

If you have used your Gmail account in the past five days but have not specified a secondary email address, you will have to wait for these five days to pass. If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you

internet connection are fine...im new to amazon & just want 2 register..sent me password ***** 2 the tech lingo so dont go over my *****@******.***...559(###) ###-####.call if thats easier..just want an account set up & verfied...simple
 replied 4 months ago

I understand, Do you have amazon account? so that we can setup the fire tablet. If you don't have the amazon we can first associate your gmail account with the amazon account.

ive decided not 2 sign up with amazon...got enough bills 2 pay..plus i got other toys that do the same thing...thank you ala *****@******.***
 replied 4 months ago

Let me explain you clearly, If you are setting up a new Fire tablet for the first time. Either we need to create a new amazon account to register the new fire tablet. I am not sure whether we can setup the amazon fire tablet without the amazon account.

Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan
Karthik Nagarajan