E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am using a Nook color, model #BNRV200, serial #

Customer Question
Hi : I...

Hi : I am using a Nook color, model #BNRV200, serial # 2013010011712009, software version 1.4.3.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your #BNRV200? What have you tried so far?

Sorry, sent this before finishing.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I downloaded an e book and can see it My Files , digital downloads on the Nook. But then I get the message " This Nook can not read , It may be unsupported" What is happening?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Where did you download the book from?

Please let me know

Mymediamail account on my iMac, then transfered to Nook using Adobe reader . The book is in the My files/digtial editions on the Nook.

Is it only this one book you are having the issue with?

Which format is the book in?

No, other recent attepts have also failed. Is my Nook just too old? Did you get the model & serial number?

I did and it is not too old, but hold the power button for 60 seconds then release

Power it on and tell me if it can then open the book please

Sorry, that didn't work. It's an e-book, ACSM format .

Thanks

Do you have Adobe Digital Editions on your computer installed?

it is activated.

ok, convert it to a epub file, copy that over to the Nook and try to open that one please.

Let me know the results please

The book icon on the iMac has a book with an e on it. Already an e- pub file?

Click i and choose get info and you can then see

Where's the i ?

Sorry that is it, the file to see which type it is

Sorry, but I have run out of time, Richard. Thanks for trying to help me.

Ok, I believe you need to reconvert the book to an Epub again but I will mark this question to remain open so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And please take a second to rate my service for now by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit

Thank you