E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle paperwhite and it is froze on one of your…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle paperwhite and it is froze on one of your ads to buy a book very upset HELP

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

Two days ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes may not have been a full minute

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Is actually a Kindle website
Never mind phone call and just cancel request & refund charge this is a joke
12/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

My apologies for the delay. The site is not quite instant, but please try to send only a single response and allow me time to receive it and respond back; multiple messages can get lost in the queue and further delayed.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,