E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Trying to sign on to Amazon Video. Not working. Never. New…

Customer Question
Trying to sign on...

Trying to sign on to Amazon Video. Not working.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Never. New account.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Where do I find this expert?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No..thanks

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Before we troubleshoot may I know what is the device your trying into amazon video.

and I believe you are trying to sign in using Prime.

Samsung smart tv
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

What happens when you try to sign in?

Message says there is an unexpected problem and that I should try again.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Try to unplug the power cable of your TV and plug it back in

Ok
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me know when that is done.

Done. Same problem. I changed my password ***** an hour ago. Could that be the problem?
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Most likely, try to login with that new password ***** you amazon.

Ok. The new password ***** *****
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Are you able to sign in now?

No
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is there any messages, like error message?

The message says “unexpected error”
Unexpected error occurred during sign-in. Please try again.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Can you please check if your TV is connected to the internet?

it is. In fact I had to upgrade the software on my tv before I could download all the apps. I know it’s connected.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Is there any way you could try to uninstall and reinstall the amazon app?

No. I will power down again and wait 20 seconds before I reboot.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Okay.

Still getting the same error message.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

I have ran out of ideas let me open this to other experts.

Thank you
Electronics Technician: Joe, Technician replied 7 months ago
Joe
Joe, Technician

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to help you with your concern today. Please bear with me for just a min while I form my reply to you.

Can you use the other apps on your tv without any problem or does the same problem occur?

Thanks,

Joe

I’m trying to do,that now. No. The Netflix app responds to me as if I’m a first-time user which I’m not. What could the problem be?

Have you re-logged back into netflix since you updated the software through "update"?

No. How do I do that?

You stated that when you try to use netflix it acts like your a new user, please log back in with your info the same way as it asks and done prior and tell me if that works for that and or if not what happens.

Thanks,

Joe

I have lost some of the channels I used to have on my tv since I updated the software. I will contact Samsung. Thank you for your help.

Channel loss may be due to the software update and then when it searches for channels it did not find them as strong at that time, if using an antenna you can simply try searching for channels again and see if it locates those again as each time you search the amount of channels can change depending on the strength of the signal at that time, if not an antenna then the channels are provided via external device such as cable/sat and not usually tv related.

Thanks,

Joe

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.