E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I need to register a password for my new Kindle. It's new I…

Customer Question
I need to register...

I need to register a password ***** my new Kindle

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your Kindle?

It's new I never had one

Technician's Assistant: Did you try resetting through Amazon's online password ***** tool?

Where is it?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just that, thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 7 months ago

It sounds like you are try to set a login password ***** you Kindle. If that is right, Please follow the instruction below. On the lock screen, swipe down from the top of the screen to view recent notifications. You can configure your Fire tablet so that you will be prompted to enter your lock screen password ***** PIN when you select a notification or slide to unlock the screen.

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen and then tap Settings.
  2. Tap Security & Privacy.
  3. Next to Lock Screen Password, tap On. You can create a Simple Numeric PIN, or create a more secure password ***** a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters. Complex passwords with a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters provide more security and make it more difficult for unauthorized users to gain access to your Fire tablet.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you