E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Can't get my ereader to power up. Just got a blank screen.

Customer Question
Can't get my ereader...

Can't get my ereader to power up. Just got a blank white screen

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Charged it overnight

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

NO i will try. Tried, it doesn't work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

The light in the top right hand corner comes on and the restoring messag
ge in the bottom left hand corner comes ongg

ok, has it completed restoring?

Now there is a picture of the kobo device, front and back

ok, is it now working? Can you use it?