E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Your kindle is unable to connect at this time, restart from…

Customer Question
Your kindle is unable...

Your kindle is unable to connect at this time, restart from the menu in settings and try again. I have not used this device in about 10 months.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just turned it on after about 10 months. I have Wifi but can't get kindle to let me try a connection

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, I am rather stupid at things like this

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

It is likely that your Kindle was never updated.

If you see this message on your device on or after March 22, 2016, you will need to manually install the latest software update for your device in order to resume normal functionality.

Click here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201994710

Locate your Kindle model on the page then click on Transfer via USB

Follow the prompts to update the software through your computer