E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Lost password originaly set. About two weeks ago. Lets try…

Customer Question
Lost password ***** set ...

Lost password ***** set

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

About two weeks ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

Lets try the Factory Reset

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please provide me the model number of the Ereader?

It is a Kindle soft white WHAT I did was enter two passwords which it was accidental while i was trying to register the kindle. it went down hill from their
My hearing is not that good so I prefer a written reply.
 replied 7 months ago

Probably we can try doing reset on the Kindle. If we do a hard reset on the Kindle,you will loss all the data but you can retrieve the data by logging in to the Amazon account. In order to do a hard reset please follow the troubleshooting given below.

1. Turn OFF the Kindle

2. Once the Kindle is completely power off, Now press and hold the Volume UP+ Power button.

3. Release the keys when you see Amazon logo on the screen.

4. From the men choose "Wipe Data/Factory Reset" by using Volume button to scroll.

5. Press the power button.

6. From the confirmation steps choose "Yes-- Delete all user data" using volume button.

7. Press the power buttom again.

8. (Now all the data will be wiping/erasing)Tab is now formatting.

9. Finally, Use the power button to execute option"Reboot system now"

10. Now we have done with the Factory reset operation.

If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you