E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Bought a new kindle fire 8 for my wife, but can't seem to…

Customer Question
Bought a new kindle...

Bought a new kindle fire 8 for my wife, but can't seem to get it registered in her name.

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

It came today

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

When ristered when trying to get it registered it will only accept my info and pw

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 7 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 7 months ago

Before we proceed further, I would like to ask you few question about this problem. Could you please tell me what exactly happens when you tried to registered the Kindle? Do you get any error message?

No error message. Device wants to be in my name. My wife wants her device to be totally separate from me. How can we get it into her name only. It was purchased through Amazon under my account.
 replied 7 months ago

In this case we can Hard reset the kindle and we can restore the kindle in your Wife's account. A hard reset will reset your Kindle Fire back to factory default settings and clear all data from the memory of the device. Ensure your Kindle Fire has at least a 30% battery charge level before performing these steps.

1. Starting with the Kindle Fire off, press and hold “Volume Down” and “Power” simultaneously.
  2. The Amazon system recovery screen should appear. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to “wipe data/factory reset“.
  3. Press the “Power” button to choose the selection.
  4. Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to “Yes — delete all user data“.
  5. Press “Power“.

Once it it resetted or If that doesn't work or if any other steps is unclear please let me know, So that we can try some other alternate solution. Thank you