E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I am frequently unable to open the Nook by dragging the

Customer Question
I am frequently unable...

I am frequently unable to open the Nook by dragging the bottom of the screen. Recharging the battery solves this problem, but only for a short time. The unit is about two years old and I have used it freely during that time. Does it need a new battery?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Have a NOOK Reader, but can't find any further model identification.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

It's been going on two or three wees. I've tried varying the swipe pressure, turning the power off with the button on t he back, and removing the reader from the fold-over cover.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I harged the NOOK yesterday through the computer -- the indicator light had been green for a long time when I stopped the charge, and I used the NOOK for about an hour, then turned closed the cover for the night. It failed after about ten minutes of use this morning.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please hold down the Power button for 30 seconds without releasing and the Nook should restart.

After the forced restart, do you still have the issue?

it does not restart
Phone calls are not convenient for me -- I prefer on-line guidance.

Which model Nook do you have?