E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My Kindle has suddenly decided not to connect to WIFi or 3…

Customer Question
My Kindle has suddenly...

My Kindle has suddenly decided not to connect to WIFi or 3 g...when it does it asks to go to menu and restart....I have gone back r

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

YES but the says cannot connect or incorrect passwords

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Computor and Tablet

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if its,worth pursuing it is a older model...maybe I need to consider replacement

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info. If that fails you will need to update the Kindle using a computer. Let me know the Kindle Version if it does not work please.
From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings. From Settings, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Device Info.