E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Fire tablet 7 I put in voice mode and now unable to get out…

Customer Question
Fire tablet 7 I...

Fire tablet 7 I put in voice mode and now unable to get out of it and can not figure out how to screen down

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your e-reader?

Yesderday I have about 60 %

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I need help, I think I could better describe over the phone

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician replied 6 months ago
Viet - E-reader Tech

I'm sorry about the issue. Please try the following:

- Method 1:

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open Quick Actions.

Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.

2. Tap Settings, and then double-tap the screen to open the Settings menu.
  3. Tap Accessibility, and then double-tap the screen to open the Accessibility menu.
  4. Next to Screen Reader, tap Off, and then double-tap the screen to confirm your selection.
  5. In the alert that appears, tap Continue, and then double-tap the screen. When the Screen Reader is disabled, Explore by Touch is turned off automatically.
  6. Then check.

- Method 2:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated
(Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe to the left, and then open Quick Actions.)
2. Tap on More twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - turn Off
5. Voice Guide - turn Off

NOTE: If you cannot select something, make make sure to double-tap.

- Method 3:
1. Swipe from the top with 2 fingers separated.

2. Tap on Settings twice
3. Tap on Accessibility twice
4. Explore by Touch - Off
5. Screen Reader - Off

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Method 4:

1. Tap once on the black bar at the top of the Kindle Fire.
  2. Swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers to open the Quick Settings.

; (Tip: If you're on the lock screen, place two fingers on the screen, swipe up from the bottom of the screen, and then open Quick Settings using the two steps above.)

3. Tap once on Settings, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Settings.
  4. Tap once on Accessibility, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Accessibility.
  5. Tap once on VoiceView, and then use two fingers to double-tap on VoiceView .
  6. On the right of VoiceViewReader, tap once on the ON / OFF switch, and then use two fingers to double-tap on the ON / OFF switch.
  7. In the alert that appears, tap once on Continue, and then use two fingers to double-tap on Continue to confirm.

- If needed, please click on the website below for video instructions:

https://youtu.be/jmKsxiu5I-w?t=38

- If needed, please click on the website below for another video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPZlWh5yK9M

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you.