E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a sony e reader PRS 350, I have purchased 2 books…

Customer Question
I have a sony...

I have a sony e reader PRS 350 , I have purchased 2 books from the book store that i can not down load into the reader/ i keep getting ERROR message failed to down load product?

Technician's Assistant: What Sony model do you have?

PRS 350

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Sony e-reader? What have you tried so far?

I purchased the books the other day , they are in my library and i keep getting the error message every time i try to lad the books i

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

When i connected the reader to my computer the books i had in the reader also were not there anymore

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 day by:
11/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Dr. Fix-It, Technician replied 6 months ago
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Sorry having an issue with your Sony PRS 350 ereader, If you’d prefer support beyond this chat format, I may also be able to arrange for help via a phone call support session. You may receive an additional services offer for this option, feel free to ignore it for now, it will be available to you at any time during or after our conversation.

Follow the steps below to perform a soft reset.

IMPORTANT: A soft reset can be performed anytime and will resolve most issues.

1. Locate the reset button access hole. It is labeled RESET and, depending on your model, can be found on the back or bottom of your Reader device.
  2. Using a thin object such as a paper clip or stylus (included with touch models), press the RESET button.
  3. The screen will not change after pressing the RESET button. You must now slide the POWER switch to turn on the Reader device again.

NOTE: If a soft reset does not resolve the issue you are having, you may need perform the hard reset listed below instead

1. Power off the Reader Digital Book.

NOTE: If the Reader Digital Book is active, you can slide and hold the power button until the Device Shutdown screen appears and then tap Yes to power it off.

2. On the bottom edge of the Reader Digital Book, using a thin object such as a paper clip, press the RESETbutton.
  3. Turn on the Reader Digital Book.
  4. While the screen displays Opening book..., simultaneously press and hold down the Previous Page Turn button and the Size button until the Reset All screen is displayed.

NOTE: If Opening book... does not display on the screen, charge the battery for several hours before attempting the reset process again.

5. In the Reset All screen, press the OPTIONS button to delete all content, restore all factory settings, and clear the DRM authorization state.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way with a reply....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You

Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It
Dr. Fix-It, Technician