E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a kindle that was bought in 2012. For the last 2

Customer Question
I have a kindle...

I have a kindle that was bought in 2012. For the last 2 years I can buy a book via my Kindle but it won't download the book on my kindle so I have to read on my IPad. The kindle tells me that it can't download because there isn't enough bandwith or enough strength in the Internet signal which is garbage. I'm on a supposed high speed download upload NBN package. I have also tried to download in several different locations where I know there is good internet. It doesn't make sense as it can take my money but then won't download the book! Help!

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

About 2 years ago

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the Home and Sleep/Wake buttons for 10 seconds)?

Yes also turned it off several times

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Cory, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cory
Cory, Technician

Welcome, I am Cory. Thank you for using Justanswer.

Please press in and hold the power button/on switch for 40 seconds to reset the Kindle.

Didn't work
Why do I have to pay? Kindle should be providing free customer service. I just paid $5 to be told to do the obvious and ow you want me to pay more to talk to you!? Not impressed Kindle

We are not Kindle. This is Justanswer; a 3rd party paid support site.