E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I'm getting my wife an Oasis for Christmas, and don't know…

Customer Question
I'm getting my wife...

I'm getting my wife an Oasis for Christmas, and don't know whether to spring for the wireless connectivity.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your e-reader?

?I don't have an e-reader? we use att

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Just computers, but that's wifi...(?)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm rather ignorant about e-readers ;) thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Cellular connection is what I'm not sure I need?
Will that be through my cellular provider or some other way? I.e., is ATT going to charge me for it?
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If you want cellular network connection, that is almost certain to involve paying more - unless you have a '3 devices' plan and have only used one, or two device at most, so far on that plan, or something similar.

If you have a good WiFi connection locally, which serves good cable or FIOS internet service to your devices, WiFi is probably enough and cellular would be 'extra' in more ways than one.

But this depends upon your priorities, of course. Let me know a bit more, and I will advise you more specifically.

Since I have not heard back from you, I am asking whether my answer was helpful and provided what you needed to help toward a solution ?

If I have indeed answered your question, please rate my answer, using the five-star interface on your JustAnswer page. - A five-star rating would be appreciated. Thank you.

(If this didn't answer your question, if you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond, and I will help you further to a solution.)