E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I had to get a new Wi Fi and cannot change the old to the…

Customer Question
I had to get...

I had to get a new Wi Fi and cannot change the old to the new

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle for night reading

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Everything i can think of. my son bought it for me as birthday gift and i cannot remember the password

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Technician replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Technician

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think you will have to choose 'Forget' next to the entry for your old WiFi connection, before you will be allowed to connect to the new WiFi.

E.g. tap on the antenna icon (at bottom of home screen, usually), then tap on your old WiFi connection, then tap on Forget... for exact details if this does not work, please Reply To Expert and tell me:

- What model of Kindle you have, please (Fire, 5th generation, keyboard, etc.) ?

A kindle reader with light for night reading.
There is no place to write forget.
I deleted the old WiFi number

OK... I don't expect there will be a place to write in the word 'forget'. Rather, you will bring up your nearby WiFi networks, then the old one, if it appears, should be tapped on and held down on, until the option to

Forget

that WiFi network appears, then you release your finger, and tap on Forget.

I have network name. I put the name of my wi do. Then password. I do not remember it. My son set it up.
There is no place to write forget

OK... so you need the password ***** your current WiFi then.

I think that may be recoverable, short of asking your son.

Tell me: is there a computer around, that is connected to the WiFi? if so, is it a Windows PC, or an Apple computer?

I wrote forget by password

Please forget about 'Forget'. There is something else to do, if you need your WiFi password...

Windows
I have my wi do name. I put it in but kindle won't accept it.

OK... Is it Windows 10, or some other Windows type/version/name, please?

If you are uncertain, go to the computer, click on START, then on Control Panel, then on

System and Security.

Then click on System

and tell me what Windows version is shown there.

Windows 7.
The screen switched to Spanish. I don't think this is going to work. Ok

The screen on the Kindle, do you mean? it is in Spanish now? What happened to produce that?

The screen on my phone. Where you wanted me to pay more money. I think I'm getting charged more than I want to spend so lets forget it and I'm going to see how much I was charged.
I have no idea what made it go to Spanish. It was PayPal. I don't want to pay any more money. It was 5 then more more more.
Lets forget it. Bye

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer - you may ignore the solicitation for additional services (and with them, charges). I did not send that message to you, the website system did. (And I have no control over such messages.)

Thanks for your help.

You're welcome. Please have a good day.