E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a brand new fire HD 10 which I am unable to open and…

Customer Question
I have a brand...

I have a brand new fire HD 10 which I am unable to open and use. When I sign in with my password ***** I can get is the Alexa screen and I am unable to get the home page or anything else. It appears that i will have to return it as in its present state it is unusable.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last change the password ***** passcode to your Fire?

I never changed it at all. As part of the setup I entered a 5 digit code.

Technician's Assistant: Is there a Gmail address linked to your device?

NO

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.