E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I change kindle from one owner to another. Bought by…

Customer Question
How do I change...

How do I change kindle from one owner to another

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Bought by my son and given to me I need to change it over to me so I can order books

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 7 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. You will need to reset the Kindle to factory defaults and then follow the setup wizard to register it to your Amazon account. If you can tell me what specific model your Kindle is, I can provide detailed instructions. for doing this.

You may be able to reset it usig these generic instructions that work for most Kindle devices.

Please hold the switch or power button in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it requires you to set it up again,

If this doesn't work for you, please let me know the model. If you're not sure you can find it by signing into your Amazon account at www.amazon.com/myk.

Click on the DEVICES tab and then click on your Kindle. Look fo rth etype and serial number and please provide that information. I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved.