E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Low battery, won't recharge. Kindle fire. 3yrs, approx

Customer Question
Low battery, won't recharge. ...

Low battery, won't recharge.

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Kindle fire

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

3yrs, approx.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

It appears that you opted out the previous expert.

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle