E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just received my kindle oasis. When i turned it on, it is…

Customer Question
I just received my...

I just received my kindle oasis. When i turned it on, it is in different language. How do I change it to English? I have it plugged in to my desktop iMac charging.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

I just got it in the mail today. The latest one.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know how to operate it. I do not know how to get to user manual on device.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/28/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 4 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this trouble. It would be my pleasure to assist you. Can you access the toolbar on your Kindle by swiping down from the top? Can you locate the settings icon? If you're not sure what it looks like, please take a look at the user manual that I have attached. On page 10 of the manual, you'll see a picture of the toolbar. You can click on Quick Settings, and then ALL SETTINGS. This should allow you to get to the LANGUAGE option, where you can change to the English language. If you have trouble finding it, please let me know what you currently see on the screen so I can try to determine the language that you are currently seeing and provide better instructions. Please know that I am committed to working with you until your problem is fully resolved. Please keep me posted as to your progress. Thank you!

Did that work for you? If not, please let me know as I have alternative suggestions. I will be logging off for the evening soon and it doesn't look as though you are online. I will check on you first thing tomorrow to see if you need further assistance. Thank you for your patience.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech