E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

How do I delete a book from my reader? DP7SDi. Reading books…

Customer Question
How do I delete...

How do I delete a book from my reader?

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

DP7SDi

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your e-reader? What have you tried so far?

Reading books bought on Amazon

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago
Suhasini Velu

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Step 1
Turn your Kindle on. Once you’re on your Home Screen navigate through your library until you find the book you no longer want.

Step 2
When you select the book it will give you a list of options –select “Remove from Device.” The book will go into your Archive. Files in your Archive are not fully stored on your device, but are there to maintain the record of your purchase.

Ereader was received as a gift
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Or do you want to delete the book permanently?

but only one book
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Step 1
If you want to remove the book permanently you can do that as well. Sign into the Amazon account you have linked with your Kindle and go to “Manage Your Content and Devices.” You should be looking at a list of your purchases. Find the book you want to delete and click the “…” button on the left side of the title.

Step 2
From the drop down menu, select “delete.” You will be prompted to confirm whether or not you want to delete the file. Click the yellow “Yes, delete permanently” button to remove the file from your library.

Thanks - I'll try that.
Electronics Technician: Suhasini Velu,
 replied 7 months ago

Let me know the progress.