E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Century Link changed my modem, and my MAC address is not…

Customer Question
Century Link changed my...

Century Link changed my modem, and my MAC address is not different from the on I have on my Kindle Fire. It will not connect with my computer any more. I think I may need to hange my MAC address on the Kindle so that it is the same on my computer modem, but I don't know how. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What version of iTunes are you using to sync your Mac?

I don't know what iTunes are .. .

Technician's Assistant: When did you last reboot?

How do I reboot?

Technician's Assistant: The Mac Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know what I need to know. I just need help! :-)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Jason Jones, Technician replied 7 months ago
Jason Jones, Technician

I look forward to helping you today.

There is absolutely no way to "Change the MAC address on the Kindle".

May I ask for the brand and model name of your wireless router or your wireless modem?

Once I have the above requested information, I will be able to give you the correct answer.

I look forward to your response,
Jason