E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The battery in my Kindle Fire 7 doesn't hold power as long…

Customer Question
The battery in my...

The battery in my Kindle Fire 7 doesn't hold power as long as it used to. I am advised not to replace the battery, but just to buy a new Kindle. I have had my Kindle Fire 7 for years. I am afraid that, if I order a new one, I will lose the apps in my existing machine. Is there a way to learn just what I have, to order an identical replacement, and get all my apps transferred? I don't want to lose the NY Times, my books, etc. LY.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle?

I charge it every day. I does charge, but the green battery light goes down quickly in, say, a couple of hours. LY.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

No. But I just did that. The screen went blank. Then I pushed the power button again and it seems to be coming on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

If I need to buy a new Kindle Fire, I need to have very precise instructions on what to get. There are too many choices, and I don't understand the language.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

How long does the battery now last for? And how old is it?

Please let me know

I can't remember when I got this, but it was years ago. I haven't actually timed the battery. But it drops in a couple of hours.
Where are you?
I don't want to talk by phone. Can you answer my last message?

I am here

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and turn on the Kindle and test how it performs.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I did that and the kindle seems to be coming back on. Since it is plugged in, I'm sure the battery is charging. But this doesn't test how long it will go once it is fully recharged.

Correct, you now need to please fully charge the Kindle then test how the battery performs and let met know here please

OK, but we're talking about some time. Am I to send you another message maybe three hours from now?

yes that is ok. How ever long it takes to test it

OK

Thank you