E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I just charged my new kindle fire hd 8 and cleaned the

Customer Question
I just charged my...

I just charged my new kindle fire hd 8 and cleaned the screen with eyeglass cleaner. now it does not respond to touch. I held the on/off button for 40 seconds does not respond. comes on momentarily then shuts off

Technician's Assistant: How old is your Kindle Fire?

Brand new, only registered it 4 hours ago

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Kindle Fire?

It was working fine, bought a book and read a few pages then put the charger on and got full charge now does not respond to touch. amazon comes on trying to sell me new book but does not respond to that

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Cris, Technician replied 7 months ago
Cris
Cris, Technician

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you.

Please try a force start of the Kindle.

1. Plug the Kindle to the charger for 5 minutes.
  2. After 5 minutes whiled still plugged in press and hold the power button for up to 1 minute or until the Kindle turns on.
  3. Leave on charger until fully charged.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. Please take a moment to rate my service if the solution is resolved if not reply back to me.

okay

Let me know how the solution works for you.

lets do it online then. no charge for telephone

Sure, I will make you are not billed for the phone call. Will send the request to customer service.

I tried the solution from Cris. kindle fire comes on unlock padlock feature on bottom of screen does not respond . then screen switches to sell me a book, no respond, then shuts off

How long have you had your Kindle?

no one is answering me
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

You said you used cleaner on the Kindle -- Take a cloth and wipe it down really well to make sure the cleaner is still not on the glass.

Allow it to air dry for about 2 minutes then try to use your touch again

Cris did not help me. where is new tech?
Hello: You said you used cleaner on the Kindle -- Take a cloth and wipe it down really well to make sure the cleaner is still not on the glass. Allow it to air dry for about 2 minutes then try to use your touch again
I just wiped it many times with a microfiber cloth. still does not respond. I have a cleaner ffor my large screen tv, should I use that?

Sure

I wiped it many times with microfiber cloth,still does not work. I have a cleaner for big screen tv, should I use that? what should be used to clean off finger prints?

You're not suppose to use any liquids to wipe off the screen which is why you are having this issue.

If the cloth did not fix the issue then submerge your Kindle in dry rice for 24 hours and it should absorb the moisture.

I just tried the big screen cleaner and wiped many times, still no respond to touch
You're not suppose to use any liquids to wipe off the screen which is why you are having this issue. If the cloth did not fix the issue then submerge your Kindle in dry rice for 24 hours and it should absorb the moisture.
OK I will try that

Thank you