E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Why can't I get my Kindle books? Instead of downloading my…

Customer Question
Why can't I get...

Why can't I get my Kindle books? Instead of downloading my book to my Kindle, I'm being sent codes and instructions that don't work.

Technician's Assistant: When did this downloading issue start with your Kindle?

About a week ago. I have three books I can't download. And the link provided doesn't work.

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Reboot the entire computer? But over the course of three days, I've shut it down completely every night. The next day, the books still don't download.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

How are you trying to read the books?

On a Kindle? on a computer?

I'm ordering them on a desktop to be read on a Kindle.

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

You don't understand. The books are not downloading. Instead, I'm getting some code that tells me to go to an email. I go to the email, and it tells me to enter a link into my search engine. I have to cut and paste the link. Google returns the information that the link doesn't work.

Are you ordering them through the Amazon.com website?

Your service is useless and a rip off.

Okay, thank you.