E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My kindle book just disappears and I have a hard time to get…

Customer Question
My kindle book just...

My kindle book just disappears and I have a hard time to get it back, eventually having to turn off my I pad and turn it on again and even then sometimes it does not help

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Since I updated the app recently as I was asked to do by my I pad

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you.
This is usually caused by a glitch in the firmware and can be resolved by a forced reboot, then your kindle will work normally again. Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 seconds, then release.Then press or slide the power button to restart if the device does not start up again on its own. Then try connecting to WiFi and sign in with your Amazon account info.

Did that work for you?