E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

2 questions: I just purchased an Amazon Fire HD8 and cannot…

Customer Question
Hi! 2 questions: I...

Hi! 2 questions: I just purchased an Amazon Fire HD8 and cannot connect to my wi-fi.... Do I need to put a microSD in the slot?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Fire?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Is there anything else I should know before you connect me?? :-)

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 7 months ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Hi ,
My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.
I will be glad to assist you with this.My goal is to give you the best experience possible!The Kindle will function normally without the SD card. The SD card only provides extra storage space.
In order to connect to WiFi you will need to know the name(SSID) of your home WiFi network and also the wifi password ***** sometimes called Network key.What is the brand/ model of your internet modem?