E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

The kindle fire will not turn on/ power up. Tried charging…

Customer Question
Hi. The kindle fire...

Hi. The kindle fire will not turn on/ power up. Tried charging fully; tried waiting 24 hrs then pushing the 'on' switch for 30-45 seconds. Nothing. Advice?

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle Fire?

Today

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No. No water/moisture, drops, etc. no reason to NOT work

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20 seconds (40-60 is too long), or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Ok-back in a few
Nothing happened. Repeated that 5 times
Nathan?
I am still here
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Purchased last Christmas. I had already tried that

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-****

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you have any questions, please let me know otherwise if you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 5 stars and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.