E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

I have a Kindle Fire about 5 years old. It has always been a…

Customer Question
I have a Kindle...

I have a Kindle Fire about 5 years old. It has always been a little iffy about charging fully when plugged in. But now, when plugged in, the pilot light glows green for a second, goes dark, then orange, then dark, then green again, repeatedly. It will not turn on at any time anymore. I tried holding the power button down for a minute and a half per the instructions on this page here. Still plugged in the whole time. The "KindleFire" logo now flashes for a second, then the screen goes dark. But the orange pilot light now stays on. I DO have a leather cover on ever since new but it's one that glues on the Kindle on the back with a self-adhesive strip. Does not come off easy (or at all without a lot of brute force). Hard to imagine that that is the problem. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: Have you done a hard reset on your Kindle Fire by holding down the power button until it vibrates or beeps?

I have tried. See remarks above.

Technician's Assistant: Has there been any recent damage to your device (e.g. from dropping it or getting it wet)?

Nope.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Android Expert to know before I connect you?

Huh? What's that?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please plug in your Kindle for 5 minutes then hold down the power button for 45 seconds while it is plugged in until the Kindle reboots. It can take 2-3 minutes for the complete reboot process. Allow it to charge for 20 minutes now and see if it will charge

If that does not work then please let me know when you purchased the Kindle

Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!