E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Got wet. repair code :0. Paperwhite version 2588930001.

Customer Question
Got wet. repair code...

Got wet. repair code :0

Technician's Assistant: What brand and model of e-reader do you have?

Paperwhite version(###) ###-####

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Going on for the last 10 minutes. Plugged in charger, got "needs repair" message

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this thing salvageable?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Unfortunately, no.

The good news is that all of your books are stored on the Amazon server so they will download on your next Kindle.

Any use putting in rice or something like that?

Yes, you can try submerging it in rice to see if it will absorb the moisture.

Hello!

I just wanted to take a moment to check back with you to see if you need more assistance. If you are all set, I would appreciate it if you could take a moment to rate my service with 5 stars, at the top of the page. If you need further assistance, just let me know using the reply box provided so we can work together to solve the issue.

Thank you!