E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My wife passed away 3 yrs ago I have her Nook but I don't…

Customer Question
My wife passed away...

My wife passed away 3 yrs ago I have her Nook but I don't have her passcode. Is this like the IPhone can't get into that either ?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last access your device?

Over 2years , close to 3 years she passed away 5/27/2015

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a Factory Reset? The E-reader Expert can walk you through this to ensure you don't lose your e-books and other data.

I thought the books would be lost ?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

No, Thank You

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 8 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

The books will only be lost until you register it back to your account again so if you perform a factory reset and you can register it back to your Nook account then it will restore them all again.

I don't have a Nook Account my wife did

Do you have access to her email address that she would have used?

No unfortunately as was her IPhone it was through her work email , that e-mail no longer exist, they can't due to legal issues restart her old e-mail ??

You may be able to have them change the information on the account to your information but there is no guarantee.

Please call 1-***-***-**** and see if they can switch it over for you