E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

When I try to register Kindle Paperwhite with email account…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to register Kindle Paperwhite with email account & password ***** repeatedly returns with 'taking long than expected."

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Kindle? What have you tried so far?

Not much. just looking around. Seems this is basically the1st step. Device shows wi-fi is connected.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 7 months ago
Josh, Technician

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts
If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.

it has restarted. looking at home page

Try to register now

I would prefer to continue typing...

Try to register now

After reset/restart registering gives the same message 'taking longer than expexted.'

Have you tried to register it over the phone yet?

Not yet. How can I register this Kindle online as instructed?

Since it is "black friday", it is likely that their online servers are taking a hard hit right now so you can either way until tomorrow or register it over the phone.

FYI.I tried this earlier in the week and got same message. If you Google the error you’ll find this is common. Will try something else later.

Yes, and you can have it registered by contacting Amazon over the phone within 15 minutes.