E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

Kindle fire won't turn on. This morning. Will try didn't…

Customer Question
Kindle fire won't turn...

Kindle fire won't turn on

Technician's Assistant: When did you last charge your Kindle Fire?

This morning

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried a force reboot (pressing and holding the power button for a minute)?

Will try didn't work

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 8 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).

If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Let me know what happens once you try those steps. If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the Model of the Kindle and also the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.