E-Readers

E-reader questions? Ask an electronics Expert.

My KIndle DX won't connect to the internet so I can download…

Customer Question
My KIndle DX won't...

My KIndle DX won't connect to the internet so I can download books I've bought.

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Kindle?

That's a good question, let me check... hang on. where would I find that list?

Technician's Assistant: The E-Reader Specialist will be able to walk you through that. Are other devices (computer, phone, etc.) connecting to the router?

Yes.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the E-reader Expert to know before I connect you?

I'm just interested in finding out how to connect my Kindle to the internet. It has worked in the past. It's rather old. But I can still read the books I have already downloaded. But I can't download the news books I've bought.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 7 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

What exactly happens when you try to connect to the internet?

Please let me know

Thank you

I get an error message that reads that I need to try connecting later

Thank you

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and connect it.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

I don't want to talk to you, I just want an answer to my question. If this is a rip off just say so so I can move on to someone who can actually help me.

You are referring to a service the website offers, which being optional, can be ignored if you do not wish to use it.

Please ignore it and reply here to my last instructions I sent you please

I'm guessing you don't actually know what's wrong with my Kindle, is that correct? Is that why you're not answering my question?

Hi there again

I am sorry you feel that way.

About 10 minutes ago I provided you a set of instructions but you replied you did not want to talk to me, just an answer, but I had already provided the instructions which were

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Is there a reason you did not do the instructions and replied to me like this?

It still won't connect

Is it not connecting to your wifi network?

Or it is not connecting to the book store?

I'm going to try again.

please reply to my last question...

It still won't connect to the internet.

Is the issue when you try to connect it to your WIFI NETWORK?

Still waiting for an answer.
What's happening???

Ok, but you are meant to be answering my last question...

I will again repeat and I kindly ask you carefully read my messages please as it appears you are missing most which makes this harder

It is not connecting to the internet.
it is not connecting to the WIFI NETWORK.
Your answers are also going to my email rather than on the page I'm on, so when I didn't answer it was because your answers were going directly to email.

Thank you

What is the message you get, when it fails to connect to the wifi network?

34;Your Kindle is unable to connect at this time. Please try agains later. If the problem persists, please restart your Kindle from the Menu in settings and try again." All of which I have done repeatedly to no avail.

Thanks

Can you please remove the power to the wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect the power to the wifi router, and then try to connect the Kindle to your wifi network again.

Let me know the results please

That didn't work either.

Thanks

We will need to do a reset of the Kindle so you can register it again.

To do this, go to Menu, Settings, Menu, Reset to Factory Defaults

Once done, it will ask you to set it up again, tell me if it then connects please

Will I lose my library of 312 books if I do this?

No, Kindle books are linked to your Amazon account, not any one Kindle.

Okay. I'll start the process now and will let you know when I've completed those steps.

Thank you

There is no reset to factory default in the menu. There is Deregister. Should I do this?

No, you choose Reset to Factory Defaults

It is there

I think it should be there as well. But it's not. There must be another way to access it. Here are the menu subheadings: Registration, Popular Highlights, Social Networks, Annotations Backup, Device Password, Device Name, Device E-mail, Personal Info. There is also Device Info which I am going to include for you as this is an old DX Kindle. Software version: Kindle 2.5.8 (555370010) Serial Number: B009A002640236
I googled the answer but it does erase all the books from the machine.
I did the reset and it's in process.

Thank you

It still won't connect to the internet and I've lost all the books on this machine. I could at least read the books but no more as I have lost them and since I can't connect this Kindle to the Wifi I can't download those lost books. Now what?

Yes, the reset is nessesary to do.

What is the make and model of your wifi router?

Please let me know

Can you please refund my five dollars?

you will need to go here

ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0